Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 03:36:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: SMF - Just Installed!

+  WCT members-only forum
|-+  Wheelsport Rides, Bike info, etc
| |-+  Weekly team rides
| | |-+  2013 rides
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2013 rides  (Read 4003 times)
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »

Recruited David Garate and Rod Hart to our ride today - John, Ronnie, Tom S (Sowards) and myself

Being tired of the south routes decided we would deal with the wind and head north. Alki!!! We had a nice push all the way up to Alki with no issues. Starbucks called to us and not a moment too soon. The ride back...we had a stiff wind, angry drivers & all 6 guys pulled their weight out front battling thru the wind. All said and done 64 miles and a 17.8 avg for Ronnie/Rod/David and myself. When I recruited the guys to come out for a ride I told Rod ehh 40+ miles. Good times - thansk for coming out guys!
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »

New Years Ride with John, Tom F., Tom, and Ronnie
Met at Coulon rode up to the I-90 bridge and had a nice casual ride with about 50 other cyclists. I picked up a nice shard of glass and got my first flat out of the way for 2013 - Good times & glad I was able to start the year out with you guys. See ya Saturday!
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »

‎Ronnie Necesito, John Wohlfarth, Chris Kaiser

As all the other WCT members were sitting next to their fires...we "man'd up" and braved the cold. Not much to say - it was cold, we rode to Leschi, we had coffee, we rode back. Oh it was still cold on the way back. Ronnie & I put 57 in. Damn good day! Too bad ya'll couldn't join us.
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:57:40 AM »

‎29 and heavy fog as I headed north out of Pacific to Kent - Just as I was about to leave (hoping really that nobody would show up) in rolls the white "mini"...no way he's back already! Chet jumps out does a backflip and says "lets go"! John rolls in we have a group hug and head north.

Chet hasn't ridden with us since 11/3 due to hip replacement and its like he never left. What is his kryptonite? Ok enough on Superman...

Headed up to Coulon and a bit further north past the VMAC before we spun around and headed back. They got their 28 miles in and I tacked on 20 more on my ride up and back to Pacific. Good day - the feeling in my toes came back around 6pm.

Welcome back Chet - Warning to everyone else; he hasn't lost a step
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »

John, Chet, Ronnie, Tom S. Tom F and Chris

Parking lot discussion - Browns Point or Flaming Geyser? Flaming Geyser won out and we set off to save the world. After a slight detour we made our way out to Green Valley Rd.
Strong pulls by everyone out to Flaming Geyser. We chose to head up the hill and up to the "Bakery". Chasing Chet up the hill it seemed longer than normal. Maybe I need to have a hip replacement? Coffee in and bars down we headed back.
No issues, No mechanicals & 6 sets of tired legs - Not sure what the final tally was with John, Chet, Tom F. - Ronnie & I put in 50 - great ride guys!

Tom F - We'll see if we can get your heart rate up above 100 next week
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »

Wind out of the north…we went north. Just before Longacres, Doug cries out he has a flat. Yup that’d be a Michelin Mr John. While we all watched Doug change out his tire we I decided Alki seemed like a good idea. With Jarrol and his 4 million candle watt rear lights we ventured north to Alki. Those of us who were lucky to stay in front of him; thankfully still have our eyesight. No other issues on the way up and we made pretty quick and chewed up the pavement.

Coffee stop at Starbucks and back we went. Just after “Nickelsville” Jarrol has a flat. Didn’t check to see what he was riding…though I’m sure they are Michelins as well. Fixed and back on the road we hammered out a blistering pace back to Kent.

Ronnie, Jarrol & I continued south – Jarrol spun around near Auburn and called it a day.

Great ride 62 miles for Ronnie & myself –

No rain just heavy fog, 2 mechanicals (buy continentals) and some of us can still see the flashing red light

Peace/Grease – Get your legs ready for Cougar next week!
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »

John, Doug, Jarrol, Chet, Tom F., Tom S., Ronnie & Chris

Cougar or Browns...?

Browns - headed out and was still suprised (of course in a good way) 8 guys in February after running with 3-4 most of last year...good good good!

Lots of chatter in the back as we headed down the trail to Main st in Auburn before heading up Peasley Canyon Rd. Not my favourite climb but it will do. Chet had my wheel half way up the hill then we switched places for the remainder. Rest of the group followed and regrouped at the top. Thought as we got onto 99 we would have a new addition to the group, but they hadn't warmed up yet...lol - Down and around and up and down and up to the Cliff House where we took a well deserved break. Back at it and down the hill. Doug was showing off his "Fabian" form going down the hill epic perfection.

Down through John's favourite part of the ride (the RR crossings) and we made out way to Levee road. The sprint was on for the Puyallup sign, winner was Ronnie leaving Chet in his dust!

Heading through Sumner Tom F. begged to stop for coffee. Sorry Tom no dice majority ruled. I bailed in Pacific, loaded my bike into the car and rolled to the bike shop to have my rear hub replaced.

55 miles, no mechanicals, no rain, a little wind - and another fantastic day on the bike!
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »

Tom F., Chet, Doug, John & Chris

Wind, wind, wind - flags were standing tall today. Tom F. didn't even need to point out which way the airplanes were taking off. Wind out of the south, hmmm what should we do? Kill ourselves south and take the payoff back north? Go north and get destroyed on the way south? Bachman's ride - now thats the ticket!
We sailed north at an easy 25+ mph and the wind in our sails and over to the Cedar River Trail. Kind of protected there we made our way out to Maple Valley. Then back down Hatchery Hill to Auburn and split company. We had one experience with some rain and no mechanicals.

55 miles and a sore back for me
 45 miles for the rest of the crew

Nice work fellas - see you next week. Get that wind the heck out of here!
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 08:56:48 PM »

Chris, Ronnie, Tom, John

Wind the second chapter...

South to Puyallup, there shall be no avoidance this week. Headstrong into that dastardly wind. We made our way onto the trail and down thru Sumner. The wind was just relentless. Down through Puyallup John and I talked and were planning on heading over the river and back north via West Valley. Tom signaled left turn and had Fruitland on the mind. Ok no worries up we shall go. With Chet in Deutchland I was able to take the KOM. Back down through Puyallup we stopped at what used to be Forza now some other named coffee shop. John/Tom spent the next 30 minutes chatting inside as Ronnie and I enjoyed some sunshine on the porch. Back on the bikes and north with the wind in our sails. We parted company in Algona and had packed in 55 miles. Great ride...lots of wind...no rain...no mechanicals
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

Chris, Ronnie, Tom, John, Jaroll

Windy rides are becoming normal?

Did our Cedar River/Black Diamond ride today - not much to talk about. Everyone worked their tails off and after Ronnie & I pulled off to the house the odometer read 57 miles. Great ride guys.

John - sorry to hear about your fathers passing...
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

Spring...is that you?
Tom, John, Ronnie & Chris - With Tom's certainty that "the wind will shift" we went north. Tom wanted to do the North Lake Loop via Seward and as we headed north on the trail it was so nice to have our nice bikes out and no fenders today. Pretty uneventful, stopped at Seward decided to go across the bridge and hit Starbucks then head back south. Ronnie seemed to be in a sprinting mood so he and I battled for the signs today. Although he forgot about the Seattle sign on Rainier View. I blanked Ronnie 5-0 on signs! Great ride no mechanicals, the wind did NOT shift.

Ronnie/Chris - 65 miles
Tom - 45 miles
John - 61?
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »

We just couldn't have 2 weeks of decent weather could we? WTH?
 John, Chet, Ronnie, Jarroll and yours truely set out to tame the "wind dragon" -

Due south into the heart of the wind we slowly made our way. Prevailing winds from the front and side the whole way. Ronnie had to drop off early (Happy Birthday by the way) and we pushed on through Puyallup and made our way over to Levee rd. for our return. We finally had a tail wind and made the most of it as we headed back north. We picked off three riders and they rejoined us at the light. Two of them decided to take off but Chet & I decided to play another game...who can hang on Cheesy
 Anyway... we regrouped I took off and the guys continued on north to Kent - Crappy wind - no mechanicals - and another Saturday in the books
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »

Chris' post

Rode with the Sunday group this week due to a Saturday work meeting -

I left my house and it was a brisk 27 degrees, rode up to meet Jeff at Allen York Park and we continued out to meet Bob and Tom in Enumclaw. Linked up and we headed towards Orting on 169. It was decided to do the Kapowsin hill and come back down Cemetary. Almost to 200th I'm on the front and a cleverly disguised pothole appeared. Without time to call it out Tom nailed it and flatted. Back up and operational we bombed down Cemetary Hill and Jeff flatted. I climbed back up the hill and gave some assistance. Got Jeff back on the road and we cruised through Orting and into Sumner without any other issues. Jeff split off and headed for home, Jeff Tom and I continued on. I split off in Pacific and headed for the house.

75 miles 17.9 avg
 twas a good day thanks guys!

John's post

Ron, Tom, Jarrol, Chet, and I gathered for the Saturday ride, but something was missing…No Wind! Tom spotted a commuter plane heading east, “Look the planes are taking off to the East.”

Since it was a little brisk, there was some discussion of the appropriate number of layers to wear. Then we headed north. At the Grady Way red light, without a word at least three of us quickly shed a layer. It was warming up.

After a brief coffee stop on Mercer Island, we continued west across the bridge. Chet took the fastest pull of the day down Rainier. It should be noted that there has been paving activity along Rainier so many of the notorious potholes are no longer an issue. Later, Tom pointed out that a long section of the bike path was closed, forcing us to take the lane. “Tom, those potholes aren’t an issue any more are they?”

42 miles, no mechanicals, and just a slight breeze on the way back. See you next week.
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »

Tom, John, Gerald, Tyler and Chris

Wind out of the north – Alki it is! Up the trail and to McAdam.Not sure where Tyler went??? Didn’t see him after McAdam…? At the top it was warm enough for me and I stripped the leggings. Uneventful out to Alki – we did a nice job keeping the pace up and earned the Starbucks stop. We sat in the sun for a abit enjoying some of Seattle’s finest coffee then jumped back on the southbound track with a real nice tailwind. Gerald decided to part ways and add some miles for the day. John, Tom & I continued on with  strong 25mph pulls nearly all the way back to Kent. Tom jumped off headed for the parking lot – we had 42 miles and an 18.7 avg. I had ridden from home so another 20 miles with a tailwind…ok I’m down. John had ridden in from the house and he split off for his adventure home. My day done – 87 miles 19.2 avg
ckaiz

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

The morning was not looking condusive for riding...but we all showed up and I'm sure glad we did. Lots of wind but just a couple sprinkles of rain during the whole ride. Thought maybe we could sneak in a Fruitland climb...no dice! Did our famous Puyallup route across the bridge to Levee rd. and back north. No mech's, no issues, Just glad we didn't go north. I would have had to rely upon Ronnie to pull me all the way back.

Chet, Tom, John, Ronnie & Chris - great ride see you next week!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length